Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms.
1. Limitation on Scope of Content. The Stormex website contains information regarding Stormex and its services. The services described in this site are available only in those states and territories of the U.S. specifically referred to within the description of each such program.
2. Normal Website Usage and Log Files. If you visit Stormex's website, we may gather and store certain information about your visit. Unless specifically provided by you, the information that we collect does not personally identify you and cannot be linked back to you unless you decide at some point to identify yourself. If you are browsing, we may collect the following information: the type of browser and operating system used, the IP address, the date and time you access our site, the number of times you have accessed our site, whether your computer is enabled for Java or cookies, browser language, application and plug-ins, the pages you visit and if you linked to Stormex.com or any affiliated website from another website, and the address of that website. We use this information to generate statistics and measure site activity to better provide you with a smooth and efficient experience in using our website.
3. Categories of Third Parties With Whom We May Share The Information We Collect. The information we collect through this website and from other sources is used to provide products and services to our clients, customers, sponsors, and/or vendors. We may share information with our affiliated businesses, including but not limited to any of our partners, sponsors, or affiliates, as necessary, to provide services through such companies. The information we receive is a significant part of our business and one of our primary assets. In the future, we might buy, sell, exchange, assign, or trade business assets, which may include this information. Also, in the event that Stormex is, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in connection with any other substantial corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, customer information may be disclosed or may be one of the transferred assets.
We also may disclose your information: (i) In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency, whether to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us; or (ii) When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing, to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of the Stormex, our users, our employees, or others, to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement, or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
Your confidential use of these sites cannot be guaranteed by Stormex. Stormex shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality with respect to your use of these sites or any information you transmit through such sites.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional [or other] e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
6. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information to Provide a Service or Correspondence. Stormex will receive and store information which may be personally identifiable to you (such as name, address, e-mail address, gender, age, type of request, and possibly additional information) whenever you provide this information to us through this website. We may also obtain information about you from third parties. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other businesses, business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. In order to either sign up as a Stormex customer, vendor, contractor, or certified entity, or to purchase any product(s) from or through Stormex, we will obtain information regarding yourself and/or any other party to such transaction(s). This information is provided to us in order to process any applicable transactions. We may also receive the aforementioned information when you use our online account management functionality. This personal information is collected and stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data, and may be passed on to our affiliates. Once our affiliates receive this information, that data also becomes the property of each respective affiliate. Any request to opt out of future communications from such affiliates must be made directly to each such party.
7. How We Generally Use the Information We Collect. In general, we may use information that we collect about you to: (i) deliver the products and services that you have requested; (ii) perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others; (iii) communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you; (iv) communicate with you with in regard to partially completed service requests; (v) develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites; (vi) perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties; (vii) enforce our terms and conditions; (viii) manage our business; and (ix) perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. Additionally, we might share your information with various parties, including without limitation: (i) authorized service providers; (ii) business partners; (iii) sponsors; and/or (iv) contractors and other service providers.
8. Transmission of Information & Security. Even though we endeavor to ensure that all available procedural safeguards are integrated into our website and we adhere to the generally accepted standards of security for the purpose of protecting information provided by visitors to this website, transmission of information through our website has the potential of being unstable, unreliable and insecure. Stormex makes every effort to ensure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information using industry-accepted data collection and encryption methodologies such as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and PGP (Pretty Good Privacy); however, there is a risk that such information may be illegally intercepted. Additionally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment in a locked room. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to this information. Our employees are required to use password-protected screen-savers and must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information when they return after leaving their desks. Employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
9. Service Providers. We may use a third party service provider to send out newsletters from our Website. We also may use a third party to process credit card information when you “fund your account” on our website. Neither of these third parties are authorized to use your information for their promotional purposes. We may also use a third party to provide you with quality leads on our Website which you can both purchase and sell. Unless otherwise expressly disclosed to you in writing, none of the personally identifiable or third party personally identifiable information you enter on our website is shared with this service for promotional purposes without your explicit consent.
10. Children's Online Privacy Protection. This website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 13 years of age or younger. The Stormex website complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation protects the privacy of children using the Internet. Stormex does not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13. The Stormex website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13, and is designed to block our knowing acceptance of any such information unless such information is provided by or with the consent of the child's parents or guardians. It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by emailing us at email@example.com
11. Changes to Personally Identifiable Information. We believe you should have the ability edit the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. You may change or correct your personal information and privacy preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 210-960-1617. Please include your name, address, phone number(s), and e-mail address when you contact us.
We encourage you to promptly update your Personally Identifiable Information if it changes. You may ask to have the information on your account deleted or removed; however, because we keep track of past transactions, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions on this site. In addition, it may be impossible to completely delete your information without some residual information because of backups.
12. E-news and Promotional E-mails. From time-to-time, we may offer free e-newsletters and occasionally send out promotional e-mails as a service to our visitors. We send e-mails only if the user has not opted out from receiving communications from Stormex through its websites or its affiliates.
14. Surveys. Occasionally, we survey our Users to provide us more insight into the nature of their usage, to obtain a demographic profile of our Users, or to request feedback on existing or future features and services. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary, and the User therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties unless we give prior notice and choice.
19. Opt Out/Choice. If you do not want to receive email newsletters from us in the future, please let us know by sending us email at the address in the questions section of the privacy statement.
From time to time, we make the email addresses of those who access our Website available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your email address with other companies or organizations, please let us know by calling us at the number provided below, or emailing us at the address provided in the questions section of the privacy statement.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending us email at the address below, or calling us at the telephone number provided. Please provide us with your name and phone number when you call to unsubscribe and we will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with other organizations.
If our information practices undergo a material change at some time in the future we will contact you by email and a prominent notice on our Website before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.